The CIRS Vision
To be the most innovative high performance building in North America and an internationally recognized leader in accelerating the adoption of sustainable building and urban development practices.
- Develop applied technical solutions in building materials and design for commercialization by partners.
- Combine expert knowledge and public values and preferences in exploring pathways to a sustainable society.
- Collaborate with private, public and non-governmental organization sector partners to create superior policy and business decisions for sustainable urban development.
- Educate, train and demonstrate sustainable technologies and services and the practices of sustainable urban development.
- Be a world leader in three critical areas of sustainability research: technology, communication, participation and behaviour change, and policy and investment.
- Make real progress on sustainability in the region and transform the UBC campus into a testing ground for alternative energy sources, and technologies.
- Be an incubator for sustainability technologies and capitalize on the enormous export potential to enter the trillion-dollar global urban infrastructure market.